I’m a geek and I take photos. My specialties are landscape, nature and arty abstract work.
Landscape and some woodland nature photos can be found on my portfolio website, shinyphoto.co.uk.
On this blog, I also include photos taken on a mobile camera (Android, normally some kind of HDR and Snapseed processing) and articles on my technical forays.
In other lives, my interests are:
- Linux – particularly the Arch linux, Debian and Ubuntu distributions; I’ve worked for a small database company for quite a few years and my CV is available.
- Church – a progressive Anglican, I currently attend St John’s Episcopal Church in Perth
- Politics – basically (but not exclusively) Green
- the only kind of Yorkshire pudding worthy of the name is the sort that comes a bit larger than the plate, full of gravy and veg and great hunks of meat.
- the great outdoors – walking, admiring the scenery, its geology and wildlife
- Causes: I support
- If you think it means anything, INFJ (the latter two letters vary by the minute).
Unless otherwise stated, all photographs on this site are Copyright (C) Tim Haynes 2013- and licensed for use under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.